Adoption Timeline

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Birthdays!

Last Friday, my first born baby turned six.  As I was lying in bed with him the night before his birthday retelling him the story of the day he was born, I just couldn't believe how fast it all had gone.  For this birthday he chose to have his best buddy, Lucas, spend the afternoon at our house.  Then our families got to join us for a party after supper.
He wanted Finn McMissile and Mater on the cake.


One of his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa S.

This Finn lego set came a couple of days early in the mail from Aunt Amy + Family.  

He loved it and spent a number of hours that day and the next assembling it, taking it apart and doing it again.

Best Buds, both now 6 going on 16 with the new basketball hoop we got Hunter.  He helped Dad dig the hole, pour the cement, and set the pole, the whole week thinking he was building a clothes line pole for Mom.  Then when we pulled in the driveway on his birthday and he saw what it was, he said,"You mean I've been working on my own present all this time?" We all had a good laugh.
Saturday was my birthday, so my celebration is usually tagged on to Hunter's which I really don't mind (it's been 6 years now so I've had time to adjust, ha,ha).  My mom wanted to make sure I had my own birthday cake this year so she brought me a mint oreo ice cream cake.  It was yummy, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law brought me taco dip and chips which I had really been craving.  It was a very fun night made of good family, good food, and good memories.  You can't ask for any more than that on your birthday!
The funny face is because I had already started singing one of the songs from what has to be one of my favorite old musicals which Scott got for me.  He may be regretting getting it because Hunter watched it with me Saturday night and has had it on 2 or 3 times again since then.

Sorry for the blur... again my camera doesn't do well focusing sometimes and though it doesn't look like at this exact moment, Shelby and I were pretty wiggly cuz she kept grabbing for the cake while everybody was singing to me.

No comments: