Adoption Timeline

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Great Expectations!

God surely does have a wonderful sense of humor, and yes, this picture does mean what you are thinking we might be saying.  We are announcing that we are expecting our 3rd child in early to mid December. In a few days I will begin the final week of my fourth month of pregnancy.  After years of trying and two losses, we were quite shocked to find that this was in God's plan for us.  My doctor is having me follow a daily Lovenox injection regimen, and it seems to be working.  Our shock and fears have slowly turned to hope and joy. God is certainly up to something, and it is all for His glory because we have done everything in the book "wrong".  We finally sold the last of our "baby stuff" (with the exception of our carseat/stroller combo which I couldn't put in my resale) about a month before we discovered we were pregnant, and I did a number of "no-no"s as far as pregnancy is concerned including helping Shelby through an x-ray.  So when I saw that steady little heartbeat blippin' on that "jellybean" in an early ultrasound, I started crying and giving God all the praise because His ways are higher than ours, that's for sure.

More than anything we ask for your prayers.  We just want this whole pregnancy bathed in prayer.  Pray for health for the baby, wisdom for the doctors, and peace of mind for Scott and I that we will be able to daily put aside our fears and cautiousness and just enjoy this special time in our lives. We know that nothing in life is a sure thing, but we are hopeful that God is working a miracle for us.

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Amazing! Awesome!! To God be the glory!! You have my prayers! What a wondrous gift! Congratulations!

Love and hugs!
Deborah

Richelle said...

So happy for you guys, Jen! Our family just keeps growing by leaps and bounds! :) Love and hugs to you!!!