Adoption Timeline

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

What kid hasn't grown up having Suess books read to him/her?  Yesterday, March 2nd was the great Dr. Seuss's birthday.  So, of course, kindergarten must celebrate.  Hunter's teacher told the students to dress as a Seuss character and be ready to make whamburgers for snack on Friday.  At first, Hunter wanted to be the 10 footed lion from If I Ran the Zoo.  I was so stumped as to how to do that one that I suggested he choose a different one.  Thankfully, he chose Max the Grinch's dog from How the Grinch Stole Christmas... much easier.

Yes, it was a real deer antler which made it all the more cool in his mind and brought the boys running over to check it out when he walked into his classroom.

Taking his own picture showing his sad puppy dog face.

1 comment:

The dB family said...

I just spent some time catching up with you! I'm with you. I am VERY ready for spring now.

I love Hunter's Seuss costume. Shelby looks like our youngest all bundled up in her snowsuit :o).

Blessings!
Deborah