Adoption Timeline

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Winter blahs

Winter hasn't really been that bad, but I'm done with it!!  Thankfully I saw a robin and 3 red-winged blackbirds on Monday, so it has given me hope that spring is approaching.  Our days have just run together between sickness and routine days of work, school, and therapy.  We've really pulled back in to our home during the week.  We just felt that Hunter needed more sleep to keep up with school and not melt down, and Shelby just needs more home time and sleep to help with her bonding and sensory issues.  This keeps us home a lot which keeps Dad very happy and drives me nuts, but I'm dealing.  I like the predictability and the added degree of calmness it brings to my kids and my home. 

So here are a couple cute quotes:

As overheard by Mom cleaning the kitchen after supper when kids were playing in the next room:
(Popping sound - quite loud actually)
Hunter - (laughing) Oh, I'm so glad I taught you to do that Shelby. You are such a good fart-er.

Asked by Hunter to Mom at the dinner table:

H - Tonight R (cousin) plays basketball, but when does she run and jump turtles cuz I want to watch her do that again?
Mom - I think you mean hurdles and track is a spring sport.

No comments: